Posted to microsoft.public.excel.setup
kassie kassie is offline

Default creating drop boxes help

Not quite clear what you want to do here? Do you for example want to use
data validation in say cell G5, but then you want whatever you selected there
to also appear in say cell K1?
If so, reference G5 in K1 - =$G$5, or if the value in G5 is text, =$G$5+0

Bear in mind that every time you select a different value in G5, K1 will
change accordingly.

If not this, then I suggest you give us an inkling on what it is that you
want to achieve. In that way you will get a much more pertinent answer!
--
Hth

Kassie Kasselman
Change xxx to hotmail

"Ashley" wrote:

I am trying to create codes into a drop box (I figured out how to do this in
the data validation tab) and have these codes appear as a number in another
cell. does this make sense, and can this be done? Please Help!!!

Thank You!!!!!!