Jason Morin

With regard to Excel, your information is never completely safe. As you've
seen, there's plenty of free and commercial password crackers out there that
can bypass worksheet protection, workbook protection, file protection, and
VBA project protection. Bottom line: remove confidential data from workbooks
before sharing them.

HTH
Jason
Atlanta, GA

"Jennifer" wrote:

We're considering using the password protection built in the Office when
emailing Word and Excel, but I'm wondering how secure this method really is.
I see alot of companies on the internet who offer to crack a password code
for a fee.