Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Special Paste confusion

I don't think that was the problem.

Nobody wrote:

Figured out my problem, my worksheet was a csv not xls, can you convert a
csv to xls and then make the changes using paste special then convert it
back to csv ?

My import for the program I use only accepts csv format

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
You have two instances of excel open.

Close one instance.
Then in the other, use File|Open (or ctrl-o) to open the second workbook.

Then do the copy|paste special.

Nobody wrote:

I have been told to use Special Paste, here is what I have been told

The paste special command is a very
useful command which you should add to your collection of basic Excel
techniques. As you might have noticed you can Add, Subtract, Multiply or
Divide as well as many other options.

The problem is when I select special paste I only get

http://www.eaglepi.com/images/special.jpg

--

Dave Peterson

--