Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Neal Neal is offline

Default Formulas do not work in Excel 2007

You are a gem! Thank you so much.

Is there a way to have Excel format all the cells as "General"?

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Hi,

If the cell is formatted as text when you entered the formula, it doesn't
matter if you used the formula library.

1. Select the cell(s) and choose Format, Cells, General.
2. Select an empty cell and choose Copy
3. Reselect the original cell(s) and choose Edit, Paste Special, Add

If you have this problem in a single cell the for step 2 you could press F2
and then Enter.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"Neal" wrote:

I am use to typing a formula and having it show the results. Now the cell
just shows the formula.

I have clicked "show formula" and this does not help. Also when I copy
(what I think is) a formula it does not update the cells. In other words it
treats copy as text.

I entered these formulas through the function library and on the popup
window the result is shown.

UGH - I am need to do something simple and this is taking all day.