Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ChrisNeedsHelp ChrisNeedsHelp is offline

Default Manipulating Excel Online and/or for Many Shared Users

To Clarify -
I need to track my company's promotions in various different markets. Sales
managers have many different offers in place, and we want to be able to see
how each indivudal promotion performs as well as see what types perform best
overall and demonstrate a strong ROI.

Many of the fields I'm using are standardized to assist in tracking, but
there are also free form fields for comments.

Would Microsoft Project be a better fit?

"ChrisNeedsHelp" wrote:

2 Part Question

I have a large multi tab (30+) spreadsheet with many formulas and drop down
menu items in the input cells. As a result, the file is nearly 30 MB. It is
currently posted on a large shared server for users in various off site
locations.

1) Is there a way to make the spreadsheet webbased or make it smaller so
that it can be easily viewed and manipulated by several users?

2) The data for this spreadsheet comes from many users. Currently I have
them fill in a survey created in excel, they email this document to me, and
then I copy and paste the information into the main spreadsheet (to prevent
some one messing up the main spreadsheet). Is there a way to have the servey
online populate directly into the main excel spreadsheet, or failing that,
into a different main document where I can cut and paste large pices of data
into the main spreadsheet?