Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Sorting

Split into two columns using DataText to Columns delimited by space or
comma.

Select both columns and sort on last name.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Mon, 13 Oct 2008 16:46:10 -0700, ccontreras
wrote:

I have each name on it's own cell and stored by first name, but I want to
sort them by last name

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Your requirement is not clear...
All names in one cell of Excel or each name in its own cell?
How are the names stored - last name, first name?
Can you sample data?
--
If you find this post helpful pl. choose "Yes"...

"ccontreras" wrote:

I have a table with names, every name is in the same cell. How Do I sort by
last name if the default order is left to right? Can I change that Order?