Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Default Need to Format Currency without changing values - over 16,0000

Barbara wrote on Mon, 13 Oct 2008 07:56:08 -0700:

I just need Excel to stop looking at what isnt showing and
format the showing number in currency.

"Sheeloo" wrote:

Or you can simply change the FORMAT|CELLS|Number|NUMBER with
0 decimal places... -- To get my email id paste my address in
an Excel cell and press Enter...

"Barbara" wrote:

I have a spreadsheet with a column of numbers that need
formated to currency without rounding. This is how the
numbers are listed.... 18 0.95 0.75

This is what happens when I format to currency...

$17.71
$0.95
$0.75

But I needed the 17.71 to be 18.00.

There is no consistancy in the numbers in the column, some
stay the same and some change. I dont need any of them to
change values.

I can't understand what's going on. I took your numbers, chose the
column Formatcellscurrencydecimal places:2

My results were $18.00, $0.95, $0.75
--

James Silverton
Potomac, Maryland