Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lacey1941 Lacey1941 is offline

Default formula for separating data into two columns

I'm sorry but I still don't have any idea how to set up the formula.

"Teethless mama" wrote:

Data Text to Columns Next select Comma Finish

"Lacey1941" wrote:

AAEN, BARBARA JEAN
AARON, ELCIE L
ABDALLAH, MOHAMED AHMED
ABE, KATASHIGE
ABE, KENJI
ABE, MORIMATSU
ABE, SHIGEKO
ABERNATHY, LIONEL
ABLES, LONNIE
ABNEY, DONALD MAX

All names are in the A column now and I want to leave the surname in the A
column and move the given name into the (B) column.

"FSt1" wrote:

hi
that would depend on the layout. it could involve using the "LEFT", "RIGHT",
and/or "MID" functons and may include other functions.
Post an 10 item example of your data.

regards
FSt1

"Lacey1941" wrote:

I have a list of over 15,000 names in one column and I need a formula to
separate the surnames into one column and the first names into a second
column. I've done this before but have forgotten the formula. Can anyone
help me?