Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Peo Sjoblom[_2_] Peo Sjoblom[_2_] is offline

Default How to convert time expressed as a decimal to actual hours or minu

Yes you are correct, sometimes I read questions too fast. I just went with
the what the
OP tried with his TEXT formula.

Peo Sjoblom

"Richard Schollar" wrote in message
Peo

As my reply asked, it depends on what is represented by the .15. If it
means 15/100 of a minute then your formula is indeed the correct one.

Richard

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote in message
Why not just

=A1/1440

Peo Sjoblom

"Richard Schollar" wrote in message
Hi

Is 5.15 equivalent to 5 minutes and 15 seconds? If so, you could use
the following to convert to Excel time (remember to format the formula
cell in a time format):

=(A1+MOD(A1,1)*40/60)/1440

1440 being the number of minutes in a day.

Richard

"ascottbag-hcm" wrote in
message ...
I am receiving a report from a vendor that lists call time minutes of
usage
in decimal form, i.e. 5.15. When I try to convert this figure into
actual
time format using the formula, =TEXT(G36/24,"H:MM:SS"), my return is
5:09:00.
It appears this formula is returning the amount of time after midnite
and not
what I am looking for, which is the time expressed in actual hours and
or
minutes used.