Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
ascottbag-hcm ascottbag-hcm is offline

Default How to convert time expressed as a decimal to actual hours or minu

I am receiving a report from a vendor that lists call time minutes of usage
in decimal form, i.e. 5.15. When I try to convert this figure into actual
time format using the formula, =TEXT(G36/24,"H:MM:SS"), my return is 5:09:00.
It appears this formula is returning the amount of time after midnite and not
what I am looking for, which is the time expressed in actual hours and or
minutes used.