Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
FiluDlidu FiluDlidu is offline

Default Converting numbers to month names

These are day fiducials starting at 1 on January 1 1900 and going on after
that.
Just type in " =value(today()) into a random cell and you will get today's
number (39,731). If you enter " =month(today()) ", then you should get 10.

Note: there is a small glitch that shouldn't be too critical for most users:
Excel considers that there was a February 29th in 1900, but in fact, there
wasn't. So if you were to get a day count between a date after and a date
before this unexistent Feb29/1900, you should subtract 1 from your result...

Regards,
Feelu

"Charles" wrote:

I think I've found a glitch in excel that I would like to manipulate. I have
found that if I put the number "444" in a cell, Excel will convert this to
the month name "March" using customer formatting. When excel looks to the 444
number and I ask for "mmmm" it displays the month name of March. My question
is what number do I use for all twelve months. What number do I use for
September? Where do I find the number codes at?
--
Thanks!!

Charles