Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom[_2_] Peo Sjoblom[_2_] is offline

Default Converting numbers to month names

There are no number codes for months, Excel dates are integers starting on
Jan 0 (yes zero) 1900 (Mac Excel starts Jan 1 1904). So what you have is 444
days after Jan 0 1900 which equals 3/19/1901 and any date in March
regardless year will display as March if you custom format it as mmmm so you
might as well write 09/01/2008 and format the
cell the same way and it will display September. So zero in a cell will
display as January

Peo Sjoblom

"Charles" wrote in message
I think I've found a glitch in excel that I would like to manipulate. I
have
found that if I put the number "444" in a cell, Excel will convert this to
the month name "March" using customer formatting. When excel looks to the
444
number and I ask for "mmmm" it displays the month name of March. My
question
is what number do I use for all twelve months. What number do I use for
September? Where do I find the number codes at?
--
Thanks!!

Charles