Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sean Timmons Sean Timmons is offline

Default Converting numbers to month names

You have formatted as mmmm in Format Cells/Custom

444 is the 444th day since 1/1/1900, or 3/1/1901.

So, if you really want to do it that way, you can use 1 for January, 32 for
February, 61 for March, 92 for April, 122 for May, etc.

"Charles" wrote:

I think I've found a glitch in excel that I would like to manipulate. I have
found that if I put the number "444" in a cell, Excel will convert this to
the month name "March" using customer formatting. When excel looks to the 444
number and I ask for "mmmm" it displays the month name of March. My question
is what number do I use for all twelve months. What number do I use for
September? Where do I find the number codes at?
--
Thanks!!

Charles