Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ed ed is offline

Default Conditional Formatting on "Any Text" entered in a cell

On Oct 9, 2:59*pm, Susan wrote:
Try this:

In Cell A1
Format-Conditional Formatting
Formula is: =$A1=""
Change your Pattern to whatever you like.

Once the cell contains ANYTHING, it should change to your condition."Chris Mather" wrote:
I Would like to setup some conditional cells to display a single color if any
text is entered in the cell. *How can I setup the conditional formatting for
this?

Excel 2000

In cell A1 go to conditional formatting and select Formula is
=ISTEXT(A1) and do your formatting. Then copy to any cells you want.
Any text (not a number )including a space wil make those cells go to
your choice of color.

ed