Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
BaggieDan BaggieDan is offline

Default My question disappeared?

You are not alone, I posted my question a few hours ago and now I can not
find it! I have the notification e-mail sitting in my e-mail account but
when I click on the option to Read and Rate the response the window is just
blank.

I dont want to re-post the question but if I can't find it tomorrow I may
just have to.

"Lambi000" wrote:

Peo,

For reasons I don't understand, I still can't see it.

Anyhow, the answers to Sean Timmons, if I can get to him, is yes to all. I
double-checked.

Sometimes I'll get 3/4's of the new data and it just ends as if the size of
the previous data is preventing any new data from coming in. When we save
the new data under the old file name, is the old data being overwritten but
taking on the characteristics of the old file (like how many rows)?

"Peo Sjoblom" wrote:

It's still there. Here is the answer you got from Sean Timmons

"Let me ask the obvious questions...

The ddownloaded files.. are the saved to the same names as your previous
files?

when you open the summary spreadsheet, are you selecting Update Values?

If you get an error about not updating values, do you go to Edit - Links and
update from there?

In Tools - Options - Calculation, are Update remote references and Save
external link values checked? In the Edit tab, is Ask to update automatic
links checked?"

Peo Sjoblom

"Lambi000" wrote in message
About five minutes ago I printed down an answer to a question I posted
yesterday. Now I'm doing a search using my username or a part of the
question title. I would think I'm out of my mind, but since the printout
is
sitting here right in front of me, I would guess something has happened on
your end.

The question was called Links not linking and it was posted in Excel
General
Questions. All I want to do is create another post.