Dave Peterson

And it works with non-proportional fonts, too.

To the OP, maybe using Bernie's idea...Something like:
?,???.???
would work ok for you.

Bernie Deitrick wrote:

bacai,

From help:

? adds spaces for insignificant zeros on either side of the decimal point so
that decimal points align when formatted with a fixed-width font, such as
Courier New.

To display Use
this code
44.398, 102.65, and 2.8 with aligned decimals ???.???

I'm guessing that commas can be aligned in a similar manner.

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"bacai" wrote in message
I am running Excel 2002 on XP.

I have a wide column and all the numbers in the column are six or less
digits. I would like to center the numbers and have them comma align. How
would this be accomplished?

All help appreciated

--

Dave Peterson