Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
evoxfan evoxfan is offline

Default How to Combine two cells (numbers) but not add

Thanks for the help, that works great on most all of the cells.

Here is an example of where it does don work:
A1=190
B1=0
C1=A1&B1=1900

I would like C1=190000, but in order to do that I assume B1 has to have
three digits. So how can I make B1 have three digits in this case?

"Mike H" wrote:

Hi,

The first bit is straightforward

=A1&B1

I don't understand the second bit please post an example of column A & B and
the output you require in Column C.

Mike

"evoxfan" wrote:

I have column A of cells containing three digit numbers in each cell.
In column B, I have the same thing cells with three digit numbers.
I would like to combine these two numbers into a six digit number.
How can this be done?

Also, in column B there are several cells with a zero value, so a blank is
displayed. How can I make the zero values into three digits or can I leave
the zero value as a blank and not affect the six digit number I want to
create?