Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Thomas [PBD] Thomas [PBD] is offline

Default If a cell is updated can several other cells change colour?

IanClegg,

You can try this code into the Sheet which you are wanting to change. I
assumed three cells to highlight. I must note that I didn't put any coding
in here to unhighlight to cells, so they will currently stay highlighted
until you unhighlight them.

Dim Chng_cell As String
Dim highlight1 As String
Dim highlight2 As String
Dim highlight3 As String

'Change these as required
Chng_cell = "$A$1"
highlight1 = "$B$1"
highlight2 = "$B$2"
highlight3 = "$B$3"

If Target.Address = Chng_cell Then
'Highlighted Cell 1
With Range(highlight1).Interior
.ColorIndex = 6
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With
'Highlighted Cell 2
With Range(highlight2).Interior
.ColorIndex = 6
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With
'Highlighted Cell 3
With Range(highlight3).Interior
.ColorIndex = 6
.Pattern = xlSolid
End With

--Thomas [PBD]
Working hard to make working easy.
Answered your question? Click ''''Yes'''' below.

"IanClegg" wrote:

Hi,
Can anyone help me with this one?
If a cell is updated can several other cells change colour?
eg. If a particular cell is changed, I want several other cells to be
highlighted by changing their colour

Is there a simple way of doing this?