Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
muddan madhu muddan madhu is offline

Default Addition in Excel

select the cell | format | cells | number tab | category: number |
decimal places : 3 | ok

On Oct 7, 12:43*pm, geepeeone
wrote:
Hi,

I work in a bank and I am working on a spreadsheet adds values ONLY the two
decimal places and disregard the rest. *

i.e.

+29.901 *-report displayed as -- 29.90
+29.902 *-report displayed as -- 29.90
+29.903 *-report displayed as -- 29.90
+29.904 *-report displayed as -- 29.90
+29.905 *-report displayed as -- 29.91
=149.52 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *=149.51 (when added from the
displayed values.)

The problem is that the customers only see up to two decimal places of the
amounts. *On the example, is someone would run the values based exactly on
what is displayed, they would get a different total from excel's total.

I realized that limiting the number of decimal places or changes the format
(general, accounting, or currency, *only changes how the number is displayed
but not how excel treats the number in doing operations.

Any suggestions/solutions would be greatly appreciated !