Posted to microsoft.public.excel.newusers
Niek Otten Niek Otten is offline

Default Looking for an Easy way to Achive a Result

<have I gotta sort all the lookups again?

No.
Either insert new data before the last row (which will adjust the formulas automatically) or use a defined name for the table, so
you just have to redefine the range that it refers to, without altering the formulas.

--
Kind regards,

Niek Otten
Microsoft MVP - Excel

"Kardon Coupé" wrote in message ...
| Oooh, just tried it, and it works from another column.....
|
| If I add more data into the table, have I gotta sort all the lookups again?
|
| "Kardon Coupé" wrote in message
| Hi Niek,
|
| I think I understand that....
|
| But (and there is always a but) I understand the instructions are showing
| me how to replace a cell with something from another sheet?
|
| Can this be used so the cell of reference remains the same, but another
| cell is the one that displays the deatils from the lookup table?
|
| Regards
| Paul
|
| "Niek Otten" wrote in message
| Hi Paul,
|
| Check this tutorial:
|
| http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02.html
|
| --
| Kind regards,
|
| Niek Otten
| Microsoft MVP - Excel
|
| "Kardon Coupé" wrote in message
| | Dear All,
| |
| | I've decided to keep track of phone numbers dialed and the phone
| provider
| | I'm with allows viewing of the bill, but it only displays numbers...
| |
| | So I copied and pasted it into Excel, now I'm looking for a way to
| automate
| | a column creation so that is checks the number in the number column and
| puts
| | a name in another column...
| |
| | Is it easy to acheive?