Bob Phillips

Yeah, but the math on times now becomes much more complex as against

--

HTH

RP

"Brett" wrote in message
Thanks! I had no idea it was this simple. I've been looking for this

solution
for a long time, but the closest I got was some really complicated VBA

code I
found on some Excel website a while ago. I never did bother with the VBA
code, but this is great. Thanks again!

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

It should be 00\:00\:00

--

HTH

RP

"Brett" wrote in message
I have a question for you! How do you format a cell with :00:\00:\00?

tried
creating this custom number format myself, but excel wouldn't allow

it.

"Lexicon" wrote:

Please help! I have used the 00:\00:\00 format to input times

without
having
to press the colon every time. Now though, when Excel tries to minus

one
time
from another, because of the custom format it only recognizes times

as
numbers...

e.g. 12:15:30 - 12:14:50

Excel thinks this equals 00:00:80!!

Can anybody help? How do I get it to recognise that the answer is

00:01:20 ?
Thank you