Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Bill Sharpe Bill Sharpe is offline

Default Opening word docs in excel

doss04 wrote:
I would like to know if it is possible to open a word doc from clicking on a
cell. in other words. If i have a list of names and i wanted to see whatt the
person looks like by clicking on a cell and it would open a word doc with the
picture on it. could it be done?
Or if i could do the same in excel.
Any help would be great.
FYI: I am extremely green in excel knowledge, but willing to try.

You can create a hyperlink for each cell that will open your Word
Document or the graphic file that was put into the Word document,
whichever is more convenient. I've got an Excel spreadsheet with
hyperlinks to about 400 Word documents that I can open this way.

Right-click the cell and select "create hyperlink."

Bill