Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
red14red red14red is offline

Default Excel; how to delete duplicates in a long column of data??

thanks shane, i figured it out, i was using an old version of excel and the
advanced filter worked.

"ShaneDevenshire" wrote:

Hi,

This all depends on how your data is layed out. And what you mean by
duplicates. Suppose you are looking at:

Are all three A's to be removed or all but 1?

Or is your data layed out like this:

A M
B C
C A
D E

In which case do you want to remove items from both columns that match or
items from one or the other column that match and what if they match multiple
times?

You may think I am quibblying but in 2007 the highlight duplicates and the
remove duplicates command work differently.

--
Thanks,
Shane Devenshire

"red14red" wrote:

Anybody out there that can give me a hand with this? I have a large amount of
data with duplicates. Need to be able to delete the dups without having to
manually do so. Thanks in advance.