Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Teethless mama Teethless mama is offline

Default Excel; how to delete duplicates in a long column of data??

if you're using XL2007, I'm not sure how to access the advanced filter. But
it should be there somewhere.

No need to access the Advanced Filter in XL2007. This version has built in
Remove Duplicates. It is under Data tab

Select your range Data tab Remove Duplicates icon OK

"JMB" wrote:

you could use advanced filter. select your data and click
data/filter/advanced filter, copy to another location, select a cell in an
empty column for your copy to range, and click the unique records only
checkbox.

if you're using XL2007, I'm not sure how to access the advanced filter. But
it should be there somewhere.

"red14red" wrote:

Anybody out there that can give me a hand with this? I have a large amount of
data with duplicates. Need to be able to delete the dups without having to
manually do so. Thanks in advance.