Arobind

Default Setting macro security level to "low" permanently?

Hi Dave,
I got the IT people to look at this. They tried to help, but could not. We
tried setting the HKEY variable and the whole nine yards. In the end, I was
told that Microsoft does not allow the security level to be set permanently
to LOW. Somehow, I don't buy that. I think this can be set via one of the
HKEY variables. Would you happen to know which? I have Excel 2000 (9.0.7616
SP-3). Your help/opinion will be greatly appreciated.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

This is an application setting that should stick the way you set it.

I think that visit to your IT department is still in order.

Or did you try them and they gave you a response that didn't jibe with your
other thread.

Arobind wrote:

Hi,
Whenever you open a new Excel sheet, the macro security level is set to
"Medium" by default. How can I set to be "low" permanently?

--

Dave Peterson