Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Lionel H Lionel H is offline

Default Changing default fie for backup saving

Can you not get your system administrator to create an f:/barb for long
enough to fool xl into letting you change your autosave location?

"GrammyBarb" wrote:

I had indicated in Excel that I would like backup copies to be saved to a
file our server. Worked fine. We then decided to keep files in a more
general format rather than under "people" names. Therefore the files under
my name were disbursed throughout the server to different folders.
I started getting popup messages whenever working in an Excel file that it
was trying to find my backup file (which obviously no longer exists) and I
have to check a box to keep the message from popping up. Tried to go into
Tools/Options/Save and direct my saves to my "C" drive instead but cannot
open any of the tabs - keeps saying cannot find f:/Barb. Does anyone know
how (other than reinstalling Excel package) I can get my default changed.
The funny thing is that I had done the same thing in Word and I got right in
Word and was able to change the default save directory there. ?? I am
perplexed.