Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default function returning SUM of 2 adjacent cols in 2 separate cells

Welcome, but pl press the "Yes" button below
since the responses helped, won't you?

On your Q1, I've explained it in my earlier response.
I don't have any further views
--
Max
Singapore
"CAT" wrote:
Hi Max,
I'm new here; so apologies for the "error of conduct". I actually posted on
General and did not get an answer as such, but a need for more info, so I
thought that posting my query on Functions would get me somewhere.
I just wanted to say a big thank you for your answer by the way: I have just
applied your formulae to my present workbook, filled in the Y cells manually
and it WORKS - Every totals are returned in neat order in my checkup table,
including the header of col Y! Thank you again for your help.
Any chance of resolving part 1 of my query?
Sorry to be so demanding!