Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Max Max is offline

Default function returning SUM of 2 adjacent cols in 2 separate cells

Yes, but please don't re-type. Just copy direct from my posting the formulas
and paste directly into the respective cells' formula bars. If you re-type,
you're wasting effort and likely to have typos creep-in, etc. The formulas as
posted have been tested here and should work fine for you over there.

I didn't venture any thoughts on your 1st Q as I could not figure out how's
the association between your data cols T - V and where the auto sum is needed
for each "block". It's something you do easily manually (albeit tiresome) but
it may not be as easy to get Excel to do likewise. If nobody else pops by
here, you could try putting in a new posting on this issue, with perhaps more
elaboration.

Lastly pl take a moment to press the "Yes" button (like the ones below) in
all responses which help
--
Max
Singapore
"CAT" wrote:
Thank you very much Max. I will give it a try. So If I have understood
correctly, I type the short formula in AF2, leave AF1 empty; type the long
formula in AG2, highlight both AF2 and AG2 and copy down the column (it will
be a max of 50); is that correct?
It now leaves me with the (possible?) automated SUM calculation in column Y,
before I can try yours in my recap table.
Thank you very much for your time and I hope you have a good day.