Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Cat Cat is offline

Default cell returning totals of 2 cols+ sending this value to another col

Hi everyone, hope you can help me with this one as manually, it's a lengthy
process!
Using Excell 2007 and though a fairly new user, know my way around:

Worksheet contains 6 columns T, U, V, W, X and Y plus another column AG in a
small fixed a few columns to the left of the worksheet proper.

Col W contains the formula (copied and pasted right down the col):
=IF(T8="YES",(U8)*V8," ") returns a + figure
Col X contains the formula (copied and pasted right down the col):-
=IF(T8="NO",-V8," ") returns a - figure
Col Y, in one cell appearing only once at the end of a series of rows,
contains the formula: =SUM(W8:W18)+(SUM(X8:X18) returns total of col W+X for
that block of rows (8 to 18 for ex).
Cols T,U and V are blanks as data is entered and will prompt cols W,X and Y
to return a value.

Example:
Col T Col U Col V Col W Col X Col Y
Col AG
row 8 blank blank blank blank blank blank
2550
row 9 Yes 30 100 3000 blank blank
500
row 10 No blank 450 blank -450 blank
etc.
row 11 blank blank blank blank blank blank
etc
row 18 blank blank blank blank blank 2550
row 19
etc
etc 500

What I am doing:
copy and paste my formulae in cols W and X; then, manually counting the rows
in the block, enter the SUM formula in the box in col Y, at the end of the
sequence (which can vary from 4 rows to 25 or more rows); I then make a note
of the cell row number and, in the static small recap table a few columns
away, enter in, say AG6, = Y18, AG7 = Y25, etc. etc.

What I would like:
To automate the process to make it simpler an easier to handle;
Is there a way that the sum value in both cells, in the Y column and in the
AG column, could be returned automatically without having to resort to the
manual counting of rows?
Thank you all in advance for your help and input