Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Sandy Mann Sandy Mann is offline

Default Formula incomplete

If there is going to be various hours of sickness why not just enter the
hours off sick as decimals, including 7.5 for a whole day, and then use:

=ROUND(SUM(B2:G2)/7.5,2)

--
HTH

Sandy
and the crowning place of kings

"Wanna Learn" wrote in message
Hello I have an attendance sheet . this is the formula I am using for
sick
days =COUNTIF($I11:$BV11, "S")+(COUNTIF($I11:$BV11, "S1")/2). "S" = sick
.
the formula calculates sick time for a month . Now, my problem is that
sometimes people take "hours sick" so this does not equal to one whole
day
or 1/2 day. The working day is 7.30 hours. How do I adjust the
formula
so that is shows the total time out sick for the month . example if the
person was sick for 1 day and 4 hours during the month my total should
read
1.55
thanks in advance ( I have excel 2002)