Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Stockwell43 Stockwell43 is offline

Default Copy and Paste from one sheet to another

Hi Guys,

Thank you both for replying to my question. This is exactly what I needed to
know. I appreciate your time and have a great day!

"Kevin B" wrote:

Your copy will overlay any existing text when pasted back to a worksheet.
What you could do is cut your formula row and paste it to a location further
down the original worksheet and then copy/paste the data from the second
worksheet in the first blank row in the target sheet.

When done, cut the formulas and move them back up to the next blank row
beneath your data.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Stockwell43" wrote:

Hello,

I have a workbook that has a worksheet with say 200 rows of information.
Skipping two rows down are some rows with formulas for totals and what not.
On another worksheet(same workbook) I have say 300 rows of information. When
I copy the the 300 and go to the sheet that has 200 I higlight the 200 rows
and paste which works fine. However, I thought the additional 100 rows would
push down the rows with the formulas and instead are pasting over them even
though I didn't have those rows highlighted. Am I doing this wrong or is this
how Excel performs this task??

Any help would be most appreciated!!!!

Thanks!!!