Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Derro Derro is offline

Default A senior citizen needs help with a formular

HOLD THE BOAT!! THANKS DAVID I JUST MANAGED TO APPLY YOUR FORMULA AND IT IS
JUST WHAT I NEED THANK YOU ALL

"Derro" wrote:

Thank you David Pete & Bill
I was remiss in not being clearer. The formula is to work out a retail sell
figure for goods that are sold at our community store. Local people bring
there home made goods in and say "I want X amount per item." Lets for
example say they want a $10 return. What we then have to do is work out what
figure we need to sell the goods for so that the local hospital get 20% of
the retail sell price and the organisation who are housing the store get 10%
of the same retail sell price. And of course the local get there $10.
Obviously the figure is going to be larger than the $10 but how do we arrive
at that figure. After the sale it is easy to work out what the percentage is
for the two organisations but whats left must equal the $10.
Hope thats clearer and thanks to all
Derro

"David Biddulph" wrote:

=A2/((1-10%)*(1-20%))
--
David Biddulph

"Derro" wrote in message
Unfortunatly my old brain is not what it used to be. My problem is that I
need to make up a simple formular that will allow me to enter different
amounts in a cell multiple times and get the answer as follows. I need a
figure that After deducting 10% to one cell and 20% in another cell the
answer will come back with what I put in the first cell. In other word a
reverse formular.