CLR

Thanks for the comeback Alan...........I'm particularly interested that you
mentioned Celeron, as I am considering buying one to take to this one site
where the Client does not provide decent equipment. A laptop is just too
expensive, but I can get a dual-monitor 2GB Celeron machine fairly
reasonable. I was just wondering if anyone has had bad (or hopefully good)
experiences with one. Glad to hear yours was good.

Thanks again,
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Alan" wrote in message
I've used Pentium P1 to P4 and various Celeron processors in XL and I
haven't really noticed much difference in performance or speed of
calculations, even with array formulas which can be slow. I don't think XL
requires that much processor power, I may be wrong,
Regards,
"CLR" wrote in message
Hi All..........

Does anyone have any first hand knowledge of the advantages or
disadvantages
of the different processors today, (Celeron, Centrino, P4, AMD, etc

etc),
when being used with Excel. Particularly when using multi sessions of
Excel
with complex workbooks.

TIA for any comments.........
Vaya con Dios,