Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
AAT@MCMLP AAT@MCMLP is offline

Default Chart Sort

Thanks again for your reply. It did not give me an option to re-sort the date
in the line chart. Maybe my only option is to create another set of data
which I both need to maintain. Any other suggestion? Thanks again.
--
___________
AAT@MCMLP

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Select the X axis and check on the Format dialog Axis Options
the setting of Axis type.

Perhaps setting it to Date Axis will give you the desired result.

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"AAT@MCMLP" wrote in message
Thank you for your reply. My data is actually sorted by date in decending
order (I want the lastest data on top) and I want my line chart to be
ascending from left to right (oldest to newest). My data will continue to
grow and I'm using Excel 2007. I assume your suggestion will require me to
maintain another set of data? Can i do it with just maintaining the
desending
data? Thank you for your help again.
--
___________
AAT@MCMLP

"Andy Pope" wrote:

Hi,

Use a different set of cells for your chart data.
You can use formula to reverse the order of the data.

Assuming chart data, labels and values, in A2:B6. Use this formula in E2

=INDEX($A$2:$B$6,ROW($6:$6)-ROW()+1,COLUMN()-COLUMN($E:$E)+1)

copy across and down range E2:F6

Cheers
Andy

--

Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel
http://www.andypope.info
"AAT@MCMLP" wrote in message
My data is sorted descending and I want to keep it that way, how can I
sort
my chart into ascending without resorting my data to desending order?
Thx
for
the help.
--