Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com Mattlynn via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Column width of Pivot Table data goes back to default when data refreshed

Rick - sorry my mistake.
Untick, Auto Format Table and tick preserve formatting. Refresh on open
should also be unticked.

This should do the trick, as it works for my pivot models.
Thanks
Matt

Rick J wrote:
Matt - thanks for the response. I went to pivot table options but did not
find "auto-refresh." I did find "Refresh on Open" and unchecked it as well
as unchecked "Auto format table." I checked "Preserve Formatting." When I
apply the Table 8 format then reduce the column width it still goes back to
the original column width when I refresh the data. All other formatting
appears to be preserved other than column width. Hmmm.... any other
suggestions? I'm using Excel 200 at home and Excel 2003 at work - not sure
if there is a difference when it comes to this issue.

Rick

| go to the pivot table options, untick auto-refresh, and make sure preserve
| formatting is ticked
[quoted text clipped - 11 lines]

--
Matt Lynn