Bob Phillips

But that is exactly what formulas and functions are for, and can easily
achieve, without variables.You just need to design the spreadsheets to
accumulate/aggregate/analyse the data.

--

HTH

RP

"BigRon" wrote in message
I have several sheets with grades, assignments, etc, that I use the info

from
for my midterm report and the final report. On the final report we now

have
to include how many days absent, late, or left early. Each late or left
early counts as 1/3 of a day missed (every three count as an absence), I

need
to list how many times they left early, were late, or were absent

separately
on my final cover sheet.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Why do you want to assign to variables, why not just use worksheet

cells?

--

HTH

RP

"BigRon" wrote in message
I am setting up a spreadsheet to keep track of my students. I want to

use
excel if possible to keep track of lates, left early, attendance, etc,

as
my
grades are kept there already. I was wondering if you can assign

values
variables to accomplish this and how to define them.
Thanks