BigRon

I have several sheets with grades, assignments, etc, that I use the info from
for my midterm report and the final report. On the final report we now have
to include how many days absent, late, or left early. Each late or left
early counts as 1/3 of a day missed (every three count as an absence), I need
to list how many times they left early, were late, or were absent separately
on my final cover sheet.

"Bob Phillips" wrote:

Why do you want to assign to variables, why not just use worksheet cells?

--

HTH

RP

"BigRon" wrote in message
I am setting up a spreadsheet to keep track of my students. I want to use
excel if possible to keep track of lates, left early, attendance, etc, as

my
grades are kept there already. I was wondering if you can assign values

variables to accomplish this and how to define them.
Thanks