Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben Gord Dibben is offline

Default Hiding Formulas when the value is "0"?

For your question of empty cells..............

=IF(COUNT(F8:H8)=0,"",SUM(F8:H8))

What would you want to see if all or some are filled but add up to 0?

Maybe........................

=IF(SUM(F8:H8)=0,"",SUM(F8:H8))

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP

On Sat, 13 Sep 2008 15:03:01 -0700, EXC_Pilot
wrote:

I just need 3 cells to sum and if they are not filled then the formula cell
need to be blank. Some how I'm messing up. in cell I8 I want =SUM(F8:H8) but
if the cells a empty I dont want the 0 the formula creates. HELP!!

"Dallas MBA" wrote:

Does anyone know if Excel allows you to hide a formula when the result of the
formula equals "0"? I have a huge spreadsheet that makes it difficult to
briefly scan the report and locate number values greater than "0" because
there are so many formulas that equal "0".

Existing View: 0 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 7 0 0 0 0 0

Preferred View: 4 1 7

I don't want to see the zeros as in the "Existing View" above and want the
spreadsheet to appear like "Preferred View". I want to keep the formulas in
the cells that equal "0", therefore I don't want to delete them to make the
cells look blank. Any feedback is appreciated!