Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
KUMPFfrog KUMPFfrog is offline

Default drop downs and hyperlinks

IS IT POSSIBLE?

I would like to have a drop down that displays one thing, but when an item
is selected from the list - it returns an assigned value. Ex: I have a
named range list on a separate tab with 2 columns - col A is the selectable
text (which is a more detailed description) I want to see in the drop down
list, and in col B is the code value that I want returned.

If this is doable . . . is there a way have a note or screen tip pop up
(showing the more detailed description from col A) when your cursor hovers
over the selected code value. ie; Like you can set up when you insert a
hyperlink.

hope that makes sense