Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Body Body is offline

Default Default value in Drop down menu and automatic selections

hi there, I'm trying to create drop down menus that are dependen on each
other. Once a value is selected in first menu, second menu will offer only
items that are applicable based on selection in the first menu.
I've done that and it's working fine (using data validation and formulas),
however I have two problems I want to resolve.
1.)I would like to have a default value in drop down menu (e.g. where I can
add standard text like 'Select value' or something similar.
2.) I want the dependent menus to be automaticaly udpated as soon as their
preceding menu is changed. The way it works now is that you can select any
item from current menu but following cells (with dependent menus) will not
change, instead they keep the value that have.
Does anybody know how could that be resolved? Thx.