Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
ConfusedNHouston ConfusedNHouston is offline

Default Same Text Characters, 2 Different Codes

I extracted two columns of data from SAP, one from the MARA table and one
from MARC (figured this might help if you use SAP). The 2nd table was a
subset of ther first. My goal was to find the elements in the first set that
were missing from the sub-set.

I created column A with the super-set and column B with the subset. I ran a
matching argument and got no matches. I took the data into Access and got no
matches. I'm looking at the two columns and I can plainly see matches.

Then I ran a CODE function and it turns out that the value "B" in column A
was = to 66 but the value for "B" in the adjacent column was = to 9. I typed
a "B" in the third column and it had a code value of 66.

Now I've compared extractions from SAP, using Excel worksheets for over a
year now and this is the first time I've run into it. Does anyone have any
idea why this would occur? (I realize it might be an "SAP thing" but thought
I would ask anyway.

Thanks,