Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
tgcali tgcali is offline

Default Roundup percent within existing formula?

That's a thought. How would I subtract the other two totals? I really do
appreciate your help!

tgcali

"AnotherNewGuy" wrote:

Sorry. I read your post hastily and thought you just wanted to round up to
the nearest whole number.

Interesting problem. The only way I know to guarantee the percentages will
equal 100% every time would be to subtract two of the results from 100% to
arrive at the third. I'm sure someone here will have a much more elegant
solution.

"tgcali" wrote:

Thanks for the response, unfortunately it's returning a value of 100%. Am I
doing something wrong?

tgcali

"AnotherNewGuy" wrote:

How 'bout sumpin like:
=ROUND((D8/D3)+0.49,0)

"tgcali" wrote:

Hello,

I need to round up the answer for this simple formula in whole numbers

=D8/D3

The problem is that that the breakdown is equaling 99% and I have to make it
equal 100%. On my pie chart that accompanies the stat sheet it shows the
breakdown of my three categories like this:

30 total
7 = 23%
13 = 44%
10 = 33%

On the stat sheet it shows 23%, 43% and 33% respectively. I've been told to
make them match. So I need the percent for D8/D3 to equal 44%.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tgcali