Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default Counting text cells then multiplying by a value in another col

Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jo" wrote in message
Thankyou, i was definetly trying to use the wrong function.

It worked. :-)

"T. Valko" wrote:

What i need is say to count all the "OS" in Col A
then multiply by corresponding value in Col B.

Do want a conditional *sum* ?

=SUMIF(A1:A6,"OS",B1:B6)

Result = 8

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Jo" wrote in message
Hello,
I need some help, im trying to use COUNTIF to count certain values in a
range of cells then multiply by a value in a corresponding column to
those
cells that have those values.
For Example:
Col A, Col B
OS, 3
M, 2
S, 3
OS,2
L, 2
OS,3

What i need is say to count all the "OS" in Col A then multiply by
corresponding value in Col B.

Perhaps I am trying to use the wrong function.

Help!