Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
elfregono elfregono is offline

Default automatically selecting items in drop down list

Hey Tom,

Assuming the list is populated by a range of cells somewhere (containing A,
B, and C), just write formulas in 3 cells that reference each cell in that
range and perform the necessary calculations.

"Tom Mucciolo" wrote:

I have a sheet that returns different performance results for 21 categories,
based on a drop down list of 3 choices. Depending on the item selected from
the list (A, B, or C ), different values populate the 21 categories, and a
"total" is shown in a single cell, based on the respective choice.

Currently, I have to MANUALLY select from the drop-down list to see all
three different totals.

I would also like a "quick reference" to know all three results,
immediately, for a quick comparison.

How can I create a separate group of 3 cells, that will AUTOMATICALLY assume
that each choice in the drop-down list was made, and let me instantly see the
comparisons?

I thought of using IF, but that would still mean I would need to manually
pull the list box down and select one of the three choices.

Thanks,

Tom