Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
T. Valko T. Valko is offline

Default automatically selecting items in drop down list

I thought of using IF, but that would still mean I would need
to manually pull the list box down and select one of the three choices.

No, you'd use the "IF" condition just for the single item that is selected.

IF(A1="A",do_this,IF(A1="B",do_this,IF(A1="C",do_t his,do_that)))

So, it seems to me you'd need a *separate set of calculations* that assumes
all the items have been selected. Since you haven't described what these
calculations do there's not much more I can suggest.

--
Biff
Microsoft Excel MVP

"Tom Mucciolo" <Tom wrote in message
I have a sheet that returns different performance results for 21
categories,
based on a drop down list of 3 choices. Depending on the item selected
from
the list (A, B, or C ), different values populate the 21 categories, and a
"total" is shown in a single cell, based on the respective choice.

Currently, I have to MANUALLY select from the drop-down list to see all
three different totals.

I would also like a "quick reference" to know all three results,
immediately, for a quick comparison.

How can I create a separate group of 3 cells, that will AUTOMATICALLY
assume
that each choice in the drop-down list was made, and let me instantly see
the
comparisons?

I thought of using IF, but that would still mean I would need to manually
pull the list box down and select one of the three choices.

Thanks,

Tom