Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ricky Ricky is offline

Default Sum If in a Budget

I'm trying to sum monthly amounts for a given month in my budget
spreadsheet, without success.

Col A has DUE DATE (as dd/mm/yy)
Col B has AMOUNT (as dollars)
Col C has CATEGORIES (Rent, Utilities, Car etc)

Elsewhere I have a table headed with MONTHS, and a list all my CATEGORIES.

I want the table populated with $ amounts being the total of each
CATEGORIES under each of the MONTHS cols. i.e.

In cells G1-R1, I have col headers "Jan 09" through to "Dec 09", and
In cell F2, I enter a category "Car"
In cell G2, I want the total amount spent in "Jan 09" for "Car"

Something like "Sum if DUE DATE is in JAN 09, and CATEGORY=CAR"

Could someone help out with a formular that will achieve this.

I realize I can get this result using filters, but this does not satisfy
my reporting needs.

Tks