barrie

Default Frequnecy Circular References

I am a professor and have a spread sheet containing student grades. I am
trying to use the frequency function so that I can then create a chart
showing how many grades occured within certain grade ranges. I've got column
B with the students' grades (B50:B60) and column C with the bins (C50:C58)
using score ranges 30, 40, 50 etc. Whenever I finish entering the array
formulas from a cell in column D, a box appears that I have a circular
reference and it assigns a value of 0. I've followed all the instructions
for trying to fix it, and I've read the knowledge base articles. But I am
not a computer science professor and cannot understand what I've done wrong
or how to fix it. Can anyone please help me? Here are my columns B and C:

60.72
41.4
56.58
71.76