Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Hyperlink link_location error

Use this:

=HYPERLINK("#My_name","jump")

My_name referred to cell H12 in the Sheet1, and the formula worked
from that sheet and from Sheet2. I've not tried it into another file.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 27, 4:08*pm, Gary''s Student
wrote:
Hi Pete:

Is there any way to hyperlink to a Named cell using the hyperlink function??
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu2007xx

"Pete_UK" wrote:
Okay, I omitted the 2 apostrophes around the reference - try this:

=HYPERLINK("'[Revco -80 freezer.xls]CHiP Validation Primers'!A1","Gaby
ChIP Validation Primers working / ")

or this is a bit shorter:

=HYPERLINK("#'CHiP Validation Primers'!A1","Gaby ChIP Validation
Primers working / ")

The # basically means "in this file".

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 27, 3:43 pm, Cynthia Haggerty
wrote:
Nope, now the error is *"reference is not valid"
thanks though! *This is killing me cause i know it should work!
Cynthia

"Pete_UK" wrote:
Try it like this:

=HYPERLINK("[Revco -80 freezer.xls]CHiP Validation Primers!A1","Gaby
ChIP Validation Primers working / ")

i.e. you must include the .xls extension with the filename.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 27, 3:15 pm, Cynthia Haggerty <Cynthia
wrote:
Hello, trying to jump to a different page in the same workbook. *I keep
getting the error 'cannot open the specified file', though i am working in
the requested file. *I suspect i have an error in the link_location somehow.

Current hyperlink:
=HYPERLINK("[Revco -80 freezer] CHiP Validation Primers!A1","Gaby ChIP
Validation Primers working / ")

where 'Revco -80 freezer' is the file I'm working in
where 'CHip Validation Primers' is the page I want to go to and
where 'Gaby ChIP Validation Primers working / ' is the freindly_name
displayed and
where A1 is the cell to go to.

What am I doing wrong?
thanks,Cynthia- Hide quoted text -