Posted to microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions
Pete_UK Pete_UK is offline

Default Hyperlink link_location error

Okay, I omitted the 2 apostrophes around the reference - try this:

=HYPERLINK("'[Revco -80 freezer.xls]CHiP Validation Primers'!A1","Gaby
ChIP Validation Primers working / ")

or this is a bit shorter:

=HYPERLINK("#'CHiP Validation Primers'!A1","Gaby ChIP Validation
Primers working / ")

The # basically means "in this file".

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 27, 3:43*pm, Cynthia Haggerty
wrote:
Nope, now the error is *"reference is not valid"
thanks though! *This is killing me cause i know it should work!
Cynthia

"Pete_UK" wrote:
Try it like this:

=HYPERLINK("[Revco -80 freezer.xls]CHiP Validation Primers!A1","Gaby
ChIP Validation Primers working / ")

i.e. you must include the .xls extension with the filename.

Hope this helps.

Pete

On Aug 27, 3:15 pm, Cynthia Haggerty <Cynthia
wrote:
Hello, trying to jump to a different page in the same workbook. *I keep
getting the error 'cannot open the specified file', though i am working in
the requested file. *I suspect i have an error in the link_location somehow.

Current hyperlink:
=HYPERLINK("[Revco -80 freezer] CHiP Validation Primers!A1","Gaby ChIP
Validation Primers working / ")

where 'Revco -80 freezer' is the file I'm working in
where 'CHip Validation Primers' is the page I want to go to and
where 'Gaby ChIP Validation Primers working / ' is the freindly_name
displayed and
where A1 is the cell to go to.

What am I doing wrong?
thanks,Cynthia- Hide quoted text -