Posted to microsoft.public.excel.charting
Karen Karen is offline

Default Pie Chart Not Charting Properly

I have the following data that I want to chart in a pie chart. The following
are mutiple choice answers to questions on a survey. The left column are
dollar amounts and the cells are formatted (currency)
The right column are the number of people who chose that answer.

$125 6
$150 3
$250 49
$275 5
$300 2
$500 59

When I chart these in a pie chart, I get the following pieces to the pie.
1 8%
2 9%
3 16%
4 17%
5 19%
6 31%

It just numbers the pieces and gives me the wrong percentages. Does anyone
know what could be happening? Can I use a pie chart for currency or should I
use a bar chart?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Karen